Weekend Planner: 24 things to do in and around Jupiter this weekend
It’s a big weekend for Palm Beach County families as kids start their spring break and many families head out of town for some well-deserved rest and relaxation.
No plans to skip town? No problem. There is more than enough to do here in our lovely slice of paradise. Check out our latest post 10 Ways to make your 10 Day Jupiter Staycation Amazing
A few friendly reminders…
- Now that Spring Break is here, it’s time to start planning for summer! Our 2019 Summer Camp Guide is filled with more than 60 local camps of all types (Arts, Education, Sports, Day & Overnight) so there is something for every interest.
- As you head around town this week, be sure you’ve downloaded our free mobile app on Apple and Android devices and discover what hundreds of Jupiter locals already know, this app makes #JupLife so much easier. Activities, events, shopping, restaurants, parks, playgrounds, and so much more, all right at your fingertips.
- Ever feel like you wished you knew about a cool event sooner? Join the club. Our Facebook Group is a great way to get the inside scoop before everyone else and it’s a great place for you to share your own insider tips about the Jupiter area.
- There’s more. Don’t see something you like on this list? No worries. These are just the highlights. Check out our full calendar to find much, much more.
Friday, March 15
71. Partly Cloudy. 10% chance of rain.
Leaping Leprechauns & Shimmery Shamrocks
Jupiter Library | 3:30-4:15PM | Free* | Details
Why you should go: Wrap your little ones (ages 3-7) in green and head on over to the Jupiter Library to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with Irish stories, music, and Celtic-related crafts.
Astronomy Nights at Loggerhead
Loggerhead Marinelife Center | 6:30-9PM | $10* | Details
Why you should go: This monthly offering for ages 8 and older is perfect for the aspiring stargazer.
Free Live Music
Saturday, March 16
83. Mostly Cloudy. 20% chance of rain.
7th Annual Jupiter Police/El Sol Center Soccer Tournament
Jupiter Community Park | 8AM-4PM | Free | Details
Why you should go: The Jupiter Police Department, in partnership with El Sol, Jupiter’s Neighborhood Resource Center hosts this annual community soccer event. 16 local adult teams will compete in a single elimination tournament. Free and open to the public, this event promotes unity and includes free food, animal and police dog demonstrations, music, exhibitions, and activities for children.
Riverbend Park | 9-10AM | Free | Details
Why you should go: Experience Old Florida when you stop by the sawmill on the park’s recreated farmstead and visit with the sawyers as they cut and plane logs into boards. Experience “turn of the century” cutting edge technology.
Club Scrub Family & Kids Ride
Jonathan Dickinson Park | 9:30-11AM | Free ($6 per car admission to park)* | Details
Why you should go: You want more time to bond with your kids, they can ride a bike, everyone wants to meet more people who also like to bond with their kids and ride bikes. Casual, fun, free.
Norton Museum of Art | 10:30-11:30AM | $1 | Details
Why you should go: March is Women’s History Month and the Norton is celebrating with the whole family. Fem Power is the theme all month and each session of Family Studio will focus on the artwork of women artists on view and then inspired participants will head into the studio to make their own creations.
Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day
- St. Pat’s Parade and Festival | Delray Beach | 2-5PM | Free| Details
- Shamrock Shimmy & Rainbow Race | Tequesta Library | 11AM-Noon | Free* | Details
- Family Story Time: St. Patrick’s Theme | Four Arts | 10:30-11:30AM | Free | Details
- Catch a Leprechaun Story Time | Legacy Place Barnes & Noble | 11AM-Noon | Free | Details
- Shamrock Fest | Downtown Stuart | 3-9PM | $8-$10 | Details
- Barney Bash | Boynton Beach | 4-9PM | Free | Details
- MAKE Break Pinch of Luck Slime | Micheals’ Legacy Place | 1-3PM | Free | Details
Why you should go: Who doesn’t want to enjoy a little bit ‘o Irish today? No matter the age of your family members, we are guessing there’s a celebration of St. Patrick’s Day appropriate for everyone in this list.
Family Adventure Days at Lighthouse
Jupiter Lighthouse |10AM-1PM | $10 per adult (kids under 18 are free)* | Details
Why you should go: Enjoy a morning filled with history-inspired education & adventures to celebrate the unique culture of the Seminole Tribe of Florida. You’ll be joined by the Ah-tah-thi-ki Museum and materials will be provided.
Madeline and the Bad Hat
Eissey Campus Theatre| 11AM-12:30PM | $15 | Details
Why you should go: Told with gentle humor, and featuring a beautiful musical score, this amusing tale of enemies-become-friends will charm and entertain children and adults alike.
Splash Zone Season Kick-Off
Burns Road Aquatic Center | 11AM-5PM |$3.50/$7 | Details
Why you should go: Until Jupiter gets something as awesome (Mayor Wodraska, when is that happening?) we’ll have to settle for Harbourside splash pad and pay the $7 non-resident fee. Still a great deal and plenty of fun for a full day so you get your money’s worth.
Sunday, March 17
77. Showers. 50% chance of rain.
- El Sol Farmers Market | Jupiter | 9AM-1:30PM | Details
- Gardens GreenMarket | Palm Beach Gardens | 8AM-1PM | Details
- Waterfront Market | Harbourside | 10AM-3PM | Details
Wear Green to the Zoo
Palm Beach Zoo | 9AM-5PM | Regular Admission Rates (-$5) | Details
Why you should go: Each member of your party must be wearing green and they’ll each receive $5 off regular admission prices – Adults $24.95, Seniors (60+) $22.95, Children (3-12) $18.95, Toddlers (0-2) Free.
Grandview Music Brunch
Grandview Public Market | 12-2PM | Free Music | Details
Why you should go: He’s been on the Dock before and he’s back at it. JC Rivera will be playing a smooth acoustic set inspired by R&B and Pop songs that will make your Sunday, one to remember.
St. Patrick’s Day Block Party
Downtown Abacoa | 1-5PM | Free | Details
Why you should go: It’s the 3rd annual block party! Kid’s train, rock climbing wall, tye dye shirts, face painting,, super heroes! Food/drink specials, music and complimentary mini golf during the event!
*Events marked with an asterisk require pre-registration. Click details for that event for contact information.
You Might Also Like…
- Family Fun app puts Jupiter at your fingertips
- Your baby needs playtime with Itsy Bitsy Bashes
- Outdoor Fun Guide for Jupiter, FL
Smart Person, Put Your Name Here
Get Our Weekend Planner
WEEKEND IDEAS DELIVERED AT 7AM ON THURSDAYS.
5 Jupiter area restaurants you can take the kids to when you hate taking the kids to restaurants
When you are looking for a restaurant where the kids will have as much fun as you will, these 5 Jupiter area restaurants are the perfect find.
What It’s Like to Use the Brightline Train with Kids
Two moms used the new non-stop speed train service from West Palm to Ft. Lauderdale (with 5 kids!) and had a blast. Read all about our experience and then get your tickets and Go Brightline!