Weekend Planner: 18 things to do in and around Jupiter this weekend
As we head into the weekend there are a couple things to keep in the front of your mind.
A few friendly reminders…
- We’re springing forward this weekend which means you need to set your clocks forward 1 hour on Saturday night. #Sleepy
- This coming Tuesday is election day in Jupiter. We’ve got a couple of key races to vote on and you can hear from all four candidates right here!
- Staying in town for spring break? It’s not too late to sign up for a camp but it’s getting here! Check out our 2019 Spring Break Camp Guide for some ideas and then reserve your space.
- Download our free mobile app on Apple and Android devices and discover what hundreds of Jupiter locals already know, this app makes #JupLife so much easier. Activities, events, shopping, restaurants, parks, playgrounds, and so much more, all right at your fingertips.
- Join the club. Our Facebook Group is a great way to get the inside scoop before everyone else and it’s a great place for you to share insider tips about the Jupiter area.
- There’s more. Don’t see something you like on this list? No worries. These are just the highlights. Check out our full calendar to find much, much more.
Friday, March 8
77. Partly Cloudy. 10% chance of rain.
Food Truck Invasion
Downtown Abacoa| 5:30-9:30PM | Free | Details
Why you should go: A local favorite activity, this monthly food truck invasion in Downtown Abacoa always brings the fun! Plan to eat well, and enjoy the atmosphere with several hundred neighbors.
Riverbend Park | 6:30-7:30PM | $5* | Details
Why you should go: It’s a chance to watch all the “night owls” come out at Riverbend and there’s a certified naturalist leading the hike who can answer all your questions. All ages.
*Pre-registration is required.
Free Live Music
Saturday, March 9
81. Mostly Cloudy. 20% chance of rain.
Family Fun Day
Palm Springs | 7AM-3PM | Free | Details
Why you should go: Bicycle Rodeo. Chalk Festival. Pokémon Fest. #EnoughSaid
ArtFest by the Sea
Juno Beach | 10AM-5PM | Free | Details
Why you should go: This oceanfront, free, pet-friendly event features a fully vetted, juried selection of fine art along with a green market featuring live plants, delicious edibles, music, handmade soaps and more.
South Florida Science Center | 10AM-4PM | Included with admission | Details
Why you should go: If you’ve got a dinosaur fan in your home, this day-long celebration of their favorite creature really shouldn’t be missed.
Norton Museum of Art | 10:30-11:30AM | $1 | Details
Why you should go: March is Women’s History Month and the Norton is celebrating with the whole family. Fem Power is the theme all month and each session of Family Studio will focus on the artwork of women artists on view and then inspired participants will head into the studio to make their own creations.
Family Story Time
Four Arts | 10:30-11:30AM | Free| Details
Why you should go: If you’re looking for a weekend story time that the whole family can enjoy, this offering at the beautiful Children’s Library inside the Society of the Four Arts should do the trick. This week’s theme is : the farm and there will be arts and crafts too!
Kids’ Paint Out
Constitution Park, Tequesta |1-3PM | Free* | Details
Why you should go: Lighthouse Arts Center is offering kids ages 5-12 the opportunity to paint “en plein air” (outside) as part of their Plein Air Festival. There will be professional instruction and the supplies are included.
*Pre-registration is required and closes on Friday, March 8.
West Palm Beach | 1-6PM | $15/$10 (ages 3 and under free) | Details
Why you should go: Described as a festival of kindness, this is an art and music festival for the whole family (but aimed at kids).
Aesop’s (Oh So Slightly Updated) Fables
Performing Arts Academy, Jupiter | 2PM & 7PM |$15/$10 | Details
Why you should go: This collection of seven modernized fables is filled with laughs and lessons for all ages! Live theater is a great way to teach your kids that YouTube isn’t the be all and end all 🙂
Movie at the Park
Abacoa Community Park | 5:30-9:30PM | Free | Details
Why you should go: The weather looks fantastic for what is likely to be the last outdoor movie of the season for this Town of Jupiter event. Ralph Breaks the Internet is the movie. Wanna know if it’s appropriate for your little one? Check the Common Sense review.
Sunday, March 10
84. Partly Cloudy. 10% chance of rain.
- El Sol Farmers Market | Jupiter | 9AM-1:30PM | Details
- Gardens GreenMarket | Palm Beach Gardens | 8AM-1PM | Details
- Waterfront Market | Harbourside | 10AM-3PM | Details
One Big Purim
Mandel JCC | 9:30AM-12:30PM | Free* | Details
Why you should go: The community is invited to come and celebrate Purim. Purim costumes optional. The fun day includes rides, bounce houses, slides, Kosher pizza, toddler area, carnival snacks, and more! Free and open to the community.
*Pre-registration is not required but will save you time at the door.
ArtFest by the Sea
Juno Beach | 10AM-5PM | Free | Details
Why you should go: Did you miss Day 1? Did you see something, not buy it, and now regret it? That’s why you should go.
Mounts Botanical Garden | 1-4PM | Free | Details
Why you should go: 25 Storybook booths offered by various local children’s organizations and agencies will be set up for guests to peruse. 2,000 books will be up for adoption, face painting, balloon artists, and other festive children’s activities will also be on hand. PLUS, free admission to Mounts at the perfect time of year!
Urban Youth Impact Drum Line
City Place| 12-4PM | Free | Details
Why you should go: Part drumming performance – part interactive teaching workshop! Everyone is welcome to attend!
You Might Also Like…
- Family Fun app puts Jupiter at your fingertips
- Your baby needs playtime with Itsy Bitsy Bashes
- Outdoor Fun Guide for Jupiter, FL
Smart Person, Put Your Name Here
Get Our Weekend Planner
WEEKEND IDEAS DELIVERED AT 7AM ON THURSDAYS.
5 Jupiter area restaurants you can take the kids to when you hate taking the kids to restaurants
When you are looking for a restaurant where the kids will have as much fun as you will, these 5 Jupiter area restaurants are the perfect find.
What It’s Like to Use the Brightline Train with Kids
Two moms used the new non-stop speed train service from West Palm to Ft. Lauderdale (with 5 kids!) and had a blast. Read all about our experience and then get your tickets and Go Brightline!