Send help please 🙂
Launched in April of 2018, JupiterFamilyFun.com covers activities, events, and attractions for the families who live in, or who are visiting, the North Palm Beach County area. As a newbie myself, I’ve enjoyed spending the last year exploring my new home town and I’ve done my best to keep locals and visitors alike apprised of the latest happenings and goings on so they can easily enjoy quality time with their family and not waste a lot of time trying to figure out what to do next. Jupiter might be a small town but there is big fun to be had here. I’ll prove it!
As the site grows, I’m looking for one or two local parents to help us expand our coverage. There’s just too much for one person. I’ve listed some requirements below along with qualities that are ideal but not necessary in order to apply.
This is a paid position, categorized as an independent contractor.
- A strong writer who is comfortable with a relaxed, personal style that’s conversational and informative.
- Must have your own computer with reliable internet access.
- Basic knowledge of and experience with content management systems (e.g. WordPress, Joomla, etc.)
- A decent camera (iPhone or Android is fine) and photography skills.
- Must be reliable, able to meet deadlines.
The ideal candidate will have at least one young child (age 2 or under) who is at home with them during the day. On occasion, this position will require attendance at various “Mommy and Me” style classes and workshops. Additionally, the ideal candidate will have an outgoing and engaging personality and feel comfortable talking with strangers.
How to Apply
If interested email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following info:
- Your name
- Where you live
- The ages of your children
- A little about yourself
- Writing experience
- CMS experience
- A sample review* of a local attraction, restaurant, park/playground. Feel free to create your own style but be sure to include the general info that exists in all the reviews (i.e. address, photo(s), costs, etc.).
*We might choose to publish your submitted review even if we don’t hire you for this position. Should that occur, we will be in touch regarding payment for the post.
Get Our Weekend Planner
WEEKEND IDEAS DELIVERED AT 7AM ON THURSDAYS.
5 Jupiter area restaurants you can take the kids to when you hate taking the kids to restaurants
When you are looking for a restaurant where the kids will have as much fun as you will, these 5 Jupiter area restaurants are the perfect find.
What It’s Like to Use the Brightline Train with Kids
Two moms used the new non-stop speed train service from West Palm to Ft. Lauderdale (with 5 kids!) and had a blast. Read all about our experience and then get your tickets and Go Brightline!